Friday, August 31, 2007

Heavy Florida Air

I went for a 3.8 mile run this morning here in Gainesville, and the thing I noticed the most was the heavy air. In Seattle, even when it is warm, the air does not feel like its weighing you down. The sun can feel very hot for sure, but the general atmosphere is not heavy. Here in Florida that's completely different. The first two miles felt pretty good and I was keeping a fairly good pace. Just after the turnaround point it felt as though someone had added about 5-10 pounds to my legs, despite the fact that at this point I was going downhill! By the time I got back to the long ¼ mile driveway to the house I was ready to walk! I guess it will just take some getting used to.

So far the diet has been fairly good here in Florida. Yesterday we went to Gator's Dockside, which is a typical sports bar atmosphere along with the food of a sportsbar. We all split some mozzarella sticks to start, but after that I was careful about what I ate. I had a cobb salad, minus all the cheese. I used oil and vinegar as my dressing so that I could regulate that. In the evening I had wonderful Chicken Divan, but that's not too bad calorie wise (I hope J) .

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.