Friday, August 24, 2007

Happy Friday

Morning Weight: 182.4 lbs    

Friday is here and I am feeling pretty good about myself. I'm down a full 10 pounds since I started this diet…yes I was down to 181.8lbs a few weeks ago, but that was while I was sick and hadn't eaten much for two days…not a sustainable weight at that point. But now I'm down while eating healthy and exercising. I have to say that at this point, we have been eating healthy and exercising for a month, and its now pretty much routine. That's probably the hardest part of the diet- breaking the routine of eating poorly and not exercising enough. The big test will of course be going to Gainesville next week with Mr Han's on the menu, Gator's dockside for the awesome Mozzarella sticks and of course all the football food! If I come back weighing the same or perhaps one or two pounds more, I will consider that a success. Then it will be right back to the routine as I get ready for the Victoria half marathon. Speaking of which I had a GREAT speed workout yesterday…my heart rate is much lower these days when doing that speed workout (this was the fourth time I've done it) and it didn't seem as hard as it did four weeks ago. Probably means that I will soon have to increase the speed at which I do the repeats, but I'll wait until mid-September to do that. I'm excited about the half marathon, because if I can get down another 5-10 pounds that would mean a difference of 15-20 pounds since my last half marathon in Vancouver in May. I'm SURE that I'll notice a major difference!

5 comments:

MB said...

As long as there's not another 5 hour pre-game drinking session you should probably be fine:)

Lane said...

We have the same goal: Damage control!! Go Gators!

Michel said...

Good news is that this is a morning game, so no chance to be taken to a bar 5 hours before the game!! :)

MB said...

I'm guessing that the swamp is going to be open a little earlier that day :)

Michel said...

Nooooooooo!!!! :)

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.