Wednesday, August 22, 2007

2:15 AM is no time to get out of bed

That's what time I had to get out of bed this morning (Seattle Time, though in Austin where I was it was 4:15). I had a 5:40 flight to Houston and on to Seattle, so I had to get up ugly-early. This is the first time I have felt jet-lagged just going to Austin and back. I did manage to take an hour nap this afternoon, though so that felt good. Lane and I went for a run together and did 48 minutes/4miles. My legs are still somewhat sore from the 10K race over the weekend…I could definitely feel that about a mile into today's run. With the run today I should be well under my net calorie goal for the day, which is nice. Although I was good while in Austin, I was right at my calorie limit and I could have eaten more…but without exercise that was not an option. Now…back to a regular exercise schedule for the next week. Ah……

Oh and because Annette has been nagging me to post a better looking picture I've gone ahead and done that. I have to say, I reallly feel transformed by this diet and exercise plan! :)

2 comments:

Annette said...

ha ha ha! You do know, don't you, that a good photo of you could rival that of ol George there... but by I think it would be impossible to make yourself look any worse than that previous photo... Please just change the lighting the next time you snap away. Look at George... it is all about good lighting!!! I left a comment on your previous posting, fyi.

Annette said...

Here is a recipe I found following one of Lane's links...it sounds yummy so I thought I'd share (the nutrition facts are at the end):
Zucchini Parmesan
Ingredients
1 pound zucchini, cut lenghtwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
6 garlic cloves, peeled
Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 large egg
1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil


Preparation
Preheat broiler. Lightly coat zucchini and garlic with cooking spray; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 5 minutes or until garlic and zucchini are lightly browned. Remove garlic from baking sheet; mince. Set zucchini aside. Combine the garlic, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese; set aside. Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (milk through egg) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine tomatoes, basil and oil in a bowl; set aside.
Preheat oven to 400º.

Spread 1/2 cup milk misture in bottom of an 11x7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrance zucchini slices over milk mixture to cover the bottom of the dish, and top with 1/3 cup breadcrumb mixture and 1/2 cup milk mixture. Repeat layers, ending with the zucchini. Top with the tomato mixture, and sprinkle with the remaining breadcrumb mixture. Bake at 400º for 45 minutes or until bubbly and brown.

Yield
6 servings

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 135(31% from fat); FAT 4.6g (sat 1.8g,mono 1.8g,poly 0.4g); PROTEIN 9.8g; CHOLESTEROL 45mg; CALCIUM 176mg; SODIUM 486mg; FIBER 0.9g; IRON 1.1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 15.4g

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.