Sunday, August 12, 2007

Travelling this week

Thursday through Saturday I didn't really stick with my diet. I didn't consume mass quantities, but didn't track meals and nutrition. I also didn't weigh myself either Saturday or Sunday morning. But I did one good thing this weekend- I went for a 55 mile bike ride on Saturday. And it was FULL of hills. I basically rode several of the major hills in the "Seven Hills of Kirkland" annual ride that gets a lot of attention around here. It felt good to get some real exercise in again after being sick for the week.

Now I'm sitting in the British Airways Lounge in Seattle waiting for my flight to London to leave. There are all sorts of snacks and drinks available here, but I'm being good. I had two small finger sandwiches to curb my appetite and had some sparkling water. I'm avoiding the free beer/wine/spirits and chips and cookies. I'll be in the UK until Thursday afternoon, so not really a very long trip. I brought my workout gear and hope to get at minimum a speed day workout in. Hopefully I'll have the motivation and time to do a few more workouts than that. I shouldn't be too tempted by the food… standard Brit fare.

2 comments:

Lane said...

Watch out for those tempting boiled hamburgers!

MB said...

way to make me look like a slacker with the 55 mile ride :)

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.