Saturday, August 18, 2007

Covey Run 10K

Morning Weight: 183 lbs

Now that I'm back at home I'm restarting my morning weigh-ins. I'm glad to see that I remained stable over the past week…I didn't expect to lose much due to hotel food and not much exercise. I started this weekend right by running a 10K run this morning. I actually finished with my best 10K time ever. Now before you get too excited, I should probably note that this is only my second or third 10K ever. I don't normally run this distance…I'm not really sure why. It's a faster race than the half marathon that's for sure. I started out too fast actually, running a 7:30 first mile.. I was not likely or able to keep that pace going for the next 5 miles. But I did average a 8:15 mile for the full race, so that's pretty darn respectable! I finished in 51 minutes, 39 seconds. It was a pretty flat course, so that was helping. My heart rate was in the low 180s the entire time..that's actually too high, but I didn't feel winded as I would normally feel at that heart rate…

Lane ran the 5K and did an awesome job as well. So we're both feeling pretty good about ourselves this morning. Now we'll lounge around for the afternoon, probably nap a little bit and then head to the baseball game this evening to watch the Mariners kick some butt against Chicago. Go Mariners!

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.