Monday, June 16, 2008

Too Few Calories yesterday

Morning weight: 189.2lbs

I underconsumed yesterday. I never thought I would hear myself say that, but its true. I had my normal morning shake with berries and peanut butter. But at lunchtime we were watching the European Soccer games at a bar with friends and all I had was 4-5oz of grilled chicken with no shake. I did have half a protein bar about an hour later to try to compensate, but it wasn't enough. The rest of my day was on plan but I essentially missed the calories from a morning snack and half of my shake calories at lunch.

It was not a good idea. I had trouble getting up this morning despite great sleep and a good amount of it too (8.5 hrs)…and when I woke up I had a bit of a headache…it went away quickly after I had my morning shake, but clearly being under on calories was not a good thing. So I guess I will continue to choke down the shakes and protein bars. '

At least the weather this past weekend was good and Lane and I got to take Lucy out for two long walks, which helped me to get my step count high for the two days. Today I'll do a 30 minute run and then a 30 minute bike ride. Hopefully by getting back on meal plan today I will have enough energy.

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.