Thursday, June 5, 2008

20/20 Doctor Visit

Weight: 195.6lbs (down from 200lbs on Monday!)

I had my first 20/20 program doctor visit today and we reviewed my "prescription" as well as all the testing that was done on Monday. I'm not in that bad of a condition- I'm 38 with a Body of a 46 year old, but with the potential through lifestyle modification to get the body of an 18 year old back!! That's exciting to me because it gives me hope that I can really be in great shape coming out of this program. The one thing that the doctor really picked up from my initial evaluation and health screening questionnaire is my drinking… Obviously during the program I won't be drinking anything but even after the program I will have to be very careful. I think the way I will treat it is that I will plan out each week the exact amount of allowable alcohol and also plan out when I'm going to consume that. That way if I go to a football game, for example, I can plan that if I get 3 drinks that week, then I can have them while enjoying the game.

The other interesting thing from my initial reading of the health assessment that the doctor gave me is that I should not use Advil/Ibuprofin but instead Tylenol. Turns out that anti-inflammatories like advil and other brands can lead to water retention and interfere with the way blood pressure works. I had no idea.

I'm really getting excited for the program to start, and I'm really happy with the progress I've made just this week- I've eaten very well and consumed no alcohol- even at a business dinner last night at a great Seattle steak restaurant.

1 comment:

Lane said...

Wow, I can't believe your doctor who's been monitoring your blood pressure didn't say anything about that! You should ask him about it next time you see him. Luckily we just bought a boatload of Tylenol ;)

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.