Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A New Favorite

Morning Weight: 194.6 lbs

I have a new favorite protein shake at the gym… Chocolate shake with Strawberries and peanut butter added in. I tried this for the first time on Friday afternoon last week, and I didn't really like it very much because I thought the peanut butter was a bit weird. But I did notice that it filled me up and left me feeling less hungry for quite a while, so I tried it again yesterday morning for breakfast. It worked like a charm- I was not hungry again for four hours. I noticed that the shakes I had been drinking (Vanilla with Strawberries and Blueberries) did not leave me feeling satiated for more than an hour and a half. I had another one this morning after doing a 35 minute run at the gym (it feels good to get my exercise done so early in the day!), and I was really digging it…the taste totally grew on me.

The only thing is that when I logged it into my food log online (which is what I will have to do for the 20/20 program) it shows as only 270 calories. I'm really curious to hear what my dietician has to say, because the online meal tracking system tells me I should be getting more than 500 calories in my breakfast…I'm not sure what I'm supposed to add..the shake is really quite filling. Maybe I'll need to eat something before the shake and then finish my meal off with the shake. I guess I'll find out today!

So last night I was good food wise- I did snack on quite a few triscuits, which I know will be outlawed by my dietician today, but otherwise I ate healthy and only drank water/club soda. Its good to see when I'm good, the weight comes right back down, so my unhealthy weekend (which wasn't really that bad comparatively) is now clearly in the past… And now, I will be forced to behave on the weekends and I'm truly psyched to see how quickly I get back in shape.

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.