Friday, June 6, 2008

5 days in

Morning Weight 193.7 lbs.

Today is Friday and it's the fifth day for me eating well and not drinking, and the results so far are very promising. My poor eating and drinking habits had led to me retaining water – that's the only obvious answer for having shed close to 7 pounds in the first few days of eating healthy. I've tracked calories and I have not been under-eating- I've been close to my own goal of approx 1750 calories a day. The first four days I found to be quite easy because of my high motivation to stop being a fat-ass. Today I had a protein shake in the AM that was quite good and filling, but an hour and a half later, I was walking to a meeting when the smell of eggs and bacon hit me in the hallway. That was the first time that I've been truly tempted on this diet to just forget my willpower and dig in. But instead I ate a half a protein bar- thank god I had that in my office. At lunch I had an Ahi Tuna steak from the cafĂ© and a salad…very healthy, but as I was waiting for my Ahi to be cooked, I stared intensely at the Tater Tots. They were calling my name. Good thing I can't hear very well. This is leading me to the realization that this is going to be a very tough few months. But I also know that if I am prepared and have healthy alternatives I will be able to resist temptation for the most part. Looking forward to a casual weekend, but I will have to have my guard up. It's going to be another lousy weather weekend where it seems more like winter than summer. Its even supposed to snow in the mountains tonight and tomorrow!! Ugh. So I'll have to make sure I have some healthy alternatives around to keep from eating and drinking out of sheer boredom. Wish me luck…

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.