Monday, June 2, 2008

Initial Fitness Assessment

This morning I had my initial 20/20 program fitness assessment. There really wasn't much to it. I had a weigh-in (ugh 200lbs), they took body measurements and also did a bicep strength test and a flexibility test. My body fat is currently at 28%! So clearly I have a lot of progress to make, but that's why I'm in the program. I will meet with my program doctor later this week and I start my training sessions and dietician appointments next week. So even though technically I'm not fully on board with the program until next week, my goal is to start losing weight and adopting the healthier lifestyle this week. This will be kind of a self test- to see if I can be disciplined enough to make the first step on my own- without having trainer and a dietician telling me what to do. I also think that if I can flush through any water weight this week, that will get me started on the real program in a better way. So as of today, no more caffeine (not that I get a lot anyway), no more alcohol, and planned meals with portion sizes under control.

So along those lines, food today will be:

Breakfast: 20/20 Protein Shake with Soy, Whey, Blueberries and Strawberries

Lunch: Grilled Chicken breast + Side salad with oil + Vinegar

Snack: 20/20 protein shake

Dinner: 6 oz filet mignon, steamed broccoli.

1 comment:

Lane said...

Good for you! I'm right here with ya :)

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.