Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Worn Out

I ran a speed workout today. Where I was supposed to do 6 x 0.5miles at 8min/miles, I only was able to do 5, but that's still one more than last week. As the day progressed I was more and more sore from my workout yesterday so that by the time I did my run I was really sore. My hamstrings are always tight and today was no different. But I am going to try to alleviate that by stretching more during the day. I stretched my hamstrings twice during the day so that did help a bit. 
Anyway, I'm dead tired now and looking forward to my rest day tomorrow. It will be very nice to sit back after work! 
Diet wise I did well today, though I was trying to take in a bit more carbs and I'm not there yet.

Lunch: Pho Soup with Steak and Flank and a banana. 
Afternoon Snack: half-serving of almonds and apple juice.
Dinner: Lettuce, Grilled Chicken, Chickpeas, rice, olive oil. 

Total consumed today: 1854 calories. (gross, not net of exercise)

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.