Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Beautiful Summer Seattle Day

Today was an absolutely beautiful sunny Seattle summer day... the temperature was in the mid 70s and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I took advantage by going on a two hour bike ride this evening on the Sammamish River trail. My legs were a bit tired from my half mile speed repeats on the treadmill yesterday, so I kept my bike in a relatively low gear and just spinned faster without a lot of resistance. Starting from Marymoor park I headed north directly into the wind. I didn't realize how strong the wind was until I turned around at the halfway point. My speed on the way back was about 4mph faster with my heart rate lower than the first part of the ride. All in all, a great ride. 

Food-wise I had a great day with the exception that I skipped breakfast again. I slept too late and had a 9am meeting. I was going to get some fruit and a hard-boiled egg at the work cafe, but I pulled into the garage at 8:55AM, so no time to eat. 

I had my traditional lunch of Pho soup and had a small filet mignon with rice and peas for dinner. I also had a serving of Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni that my fiancee made.

I'm way below on my calorie count for today, but I'm feeling full, so I'm not planning on eating any more this evening. 

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.