Friday, July 27, 2007

TGIF-Night

At long last...Friday night! What better way to start the weekend than to get a haircut. Or rather cut it yourself with the help of your fiancee. I'm figuring that's at LEAST a pound! 

I still have 300 calories to go for today and I've already had dinner. While that sounds good, I just don't know what to eat that's healthy... I guess I could just have a little bit more chicken and rice, but that's boring. I could take spoonful of Nutella, but we don't keep any of that around. A glass of wine would do the trick, but I don't want to go there. 

So I'll just sit here and dream of different options. 

Oh and one major accomplishment from today: I had a team meeting today and we were celebrating a colleague's 10th year anniversary with the company. So for this celebration there was a MAJOR spread of food and wine and beer.... there was hummus as well as two other dips, and pita bread, chicken on skewers, all sorts of fruit dipped in chocolate, red wine, white wine, corona.... And the reason I am bringing this up is that I exhibited a HUGE amount of willpower and had NONE of it!! I resisted! I can't even believe it myself- all that free food and drink and I walked away from it!

Here was the menu for today:
Lunch: Pho Soup (steak and flank with rice noodles)
Dinner: Salad with rice and chicken and dijon dressing and two popsicles. 1400 out of 1700 calories consumed. 


1 comment:

Annette said...

Wow Michel! I am REALLY impressed. You are honestly inspirational to me... and I'm getting closer and closer to getting my act in gear because of you. I am so happy you and Lane thought of this.. I would have never in a million years imagined I'd be blogging... and certainly not about THIS topic! The way you list what you eat and count the calories SHOWS me that I COULD do it too... as I said.. I'm getting closer.. have a GREAT weekend!

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.