Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday is here

Weigh in: 190.0lbs

First thought was disappointment that I only lost 0.2 lbs last night when I know I did well on my diet and came in at 1700 calories. But then I remembered that I did not do any exercise yesterday so it really was a day where I was about 600 calories below my basal metobolic rate, so the 0.2 lbs makes more sense in that context. I shouldn't be retaining water anymore...my sodium intake has been good and I've not eaten any junkfood or had any alcohol- two thing that can assist in water retention. 

The reason I am concerned with water retention is due to my elevated blood pressure. Because of that there's something about my body that tends to retain water any time I do not eat healthy. So if I gain a pound or two overnight (as I have done), I know its due to water retention and then that's  a great clue to me that something was not right food-wise the day before. 

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.