Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sleep

It occurs to me that sleep is really important (yes I am a bit slow for a almost 38 year old). What I mean by that is that I slept horribly the last two nights and it had a major effect on my run today. What was supposed to be a nice easy warmup and then three hill repeats turned into a nightmare run only 2 miles in. Before I even got to the hill... I was exhausted and feeling a complete loss of energy. It wasn't my food intake- I did well again today...I really think it was the sleep catching up with me. 

Lunch today: Pho
Snack: Almonds and Apple Juice
Dinner: Salad with Celery, rice, and chicken with olive oil, dijon mustard and vinegar dressing. 
Desert: Dreyer's fruit bar

1 comment:

Annette said...

Sleep is DEFINITELY important... but not necessarily in the way you are thinking. There are studies that show the connection btw sleep deprivation and weight gain... there is clear correlation between the two. I'll try to find some relevant articles and let you guys know. Is there any way to post to your and Lane's blog simultaneously? Or maybe that is plain silly (clearly a novice blogger question!)...
I DO happen to think that your lack of energy on your run today is related to how seemingly little you ate. It almost made me worried for you... be careful! (yeah, I'm a "real" mom now I guess, so I can't help myself from sounding like one!)
Your rather scientific approach to this whole weight loss thing (as opposed to my more "creative rambling" method) is impressive. In the end I guess it really does come down to the math: how many calories are taken in, and how many are burned. If I were you, I probably wouldn't weigh myself every day - for the various reasons you've already stated. My only other comment (is it good blog etiquette to combine all my comments in one?) would be to hang out with your friends who are thin and in shape and let some of that rub off on you... I'm a BIG believer in environment... the environment in which you place yourself can have such a huge effect on you - in a zillion ways, so choose that evironment carefully! And now, on the sleep note, I'm going to go to bed (after quickly checking Lane's blog too) Good night (or does that sound too emaily?) ha ha! annette

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.