Monday, July 23, 2007

Fifteen Percent Loss Club

15% is the percent of my current weight that I want to lose. That equates to 30lbs. I have tried to lose weight for two years now, with no success. I lose a bit here and there, but invariably I gain it right back and even more. So this blog will keep me honest... I will record my daily intake and exercise and much more. 

This time I know it will be different. I will hopefully hit my goal weight sometime in October, and my plan is to continue to document my intake and exercise to maintain that weight. It will take some sacrifice, but its all about knowing why I failed in the past. So why did I fail? 
  • I assumed if I increased my exercise, I wouldn't have to adjust my food intake. Wrong. On a recent week I put in 10 hours of cardio (most pretty intense) and STILL gained weight!
  • I told myself that I can start next week. After two years of that, its clear that next week is not the right time to start..
  • I like savory muchies - chips, dip etc.... I know that this has contributed to way overeating. 
For the next month I will kickstart this diet by consuming no chips/dip or other high-calorie/high salt muchies. I also will give up alcohol entirely for the next month to reduce the empty calories that I have been consuming. Every little bit will help!

Let's start with today... I was good today- I consumed less than my 1800 calorie daily goal and I ate pretty healthy food at that. I had Vietnamese Pho soup for lunch, some apple juice as a snack and a healthy salad with tuna, and some popcorn for desert. The one thing I didn't do today which was a major weight-loss faux-pas is I didn't have any breakfast. I got home late last night and so I was dead tired this morning and prioritized sleep over breakfast. 

For exercise today I ran for 45 minutes at the gym...a good workout with my heart rate in the right zone for a longer run. 

I started today at 192.4 lbs...that MUST be the highest reading I see in the next 3 months (and thereafter!)

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.