Monday, July 30, 2007

One Week In

Morning Weigh-in: 187.4 lbs

So now I am back in the weight range that I was in early June. So put it this way, if I had paid better attention throughout June/early July, I would have started my renewed weight loss efforts at this weight. Well, in any case, it's been a good week overall, and I'm settling in to some much better habits. Even if Saturday was a bit off the norm for what I should be doing, it's still way better than what a typical weekend would have been. And I got right back into the groove for Sunday with a healthy breakfast, a two hour bike ride (after the rain ended) and then Lane and I went to "The Harvest Vine"- a Spanish Tapas restaurant in our neighborhood. The good thing with that restaurant is the small size plates and the fact that they are delicious. We started with a small plate of Serrano Ham very thinly sliced. Then we had a demi-tasse (very small glass) of gazpacho soup. It really was about three sips worth…just enough for a nice taste. Then a fresh beefsteak tomato sliced incredibly thin with olive oil, vinegar and garlic (a bit too much garlic for me). Then we had two hot tapas: Atlantic Cod and Duck breast over potato. The two hot plates had about three bites for each of us, which was perfect to get a great taste, but not overdo it. Although the Harvest Vine has a fantastic wine list of reds, whites and sparkling wine from all over Spain, we stayed with water. A perfect dinner to end the weekend. Had I not done the two hours of cycling, it would have been a bit too high in calories, but not terribly so…it was probably 700 calories.

Now to settle into week 2: I started well with a good breakfast, so I'm on the right track.

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.