Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Holding Steady

Morning weigh in: 187.4 lbs

My weight this morning is exactly the same as it was yesterday morning despite a heavy exercise day. I'm ok with that…I'm sure that I consumed a lot of water yesterday and that not all of it has made its way through my system just yet. I had another good night of sleep, so that will help me with today and with my exercise this evening. Speaking of which, its speed day again which means that I'll be doing a 15 minute warm-up followed by 6x 0.5 Miles at 8min/mile pace with 2 mins rest in between. Then a 15 minute cool down. This is an increase of two speed repeats over last week's speed day, which went very well, so let's see how I hold up under the pressure today!

I'm going to make a conscious effort to eat a bit more carbs today than I have been. On average over the past week I have netted out with 40% of calories from carbs, 30% from fat and 30% from protein. That's fine if I'm not exercising heavily, but on heavy days I will need to bring my carbs up. So I started this morning with a little bit bigger of a breakfast than I have been doing. My dinners, while healthy, tend to be late (after 8pm) and so I am going to try to eat smaller dinners, which means my breakfast and lunch consumption will have to increase a bit.

So for breakfast this morning:

  • 1 Morningstar Farms Veggie Sausage patty
  • Quaker Instant Oatmeal – Apple and Cinnamon
  • 1 slice of 12grain bread toasted
  • 1 tablespoon of reduced fat Jif Crunchy peanut butter

So far this morning I still feel full, despite having eaten about three hours ago. Normally by three hours post meal, I'm getting hungry, so the addition of toast with Peanut Butter obviously had a good effect (in terms of keeping me going). I'll have to think about what I add to my lunch since I normally have the Vietnamese Pho soup, which is really healthy and tasty. Maybe I'll add a slice of bread for extra carbs, or some fruit…but the fruit in the cafeteria here lately has not been great. Maybe apple juice… any thoughts out there for some extra carbs for lunch??

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.