Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Popcorn- Deceptive Treat

Weigh-in this morning: 192.2lbs.


 

That's right folks, I've lost 20% of a pound. Woo hoo. I'm unexcited…doing the math, 20% of 1 pound equals 700 calories. That would mean that I ran a calorie deficit of 700 calories yesterday to reduce by 20% of a pound. However, I know that I actually ran much more than that given that I exercised for 45 minutes which was around 400-500 calories, and I ate around 1300 calories yesterday. I would have to eat around 2200-2400 calories a day to stay even, so that would indicate that I'm at a deficit of 1600 calories for yesterday. But of course it doesn't quite work like that. Several factors come in to play.


 

Like Popcorn. Evil Popcorn. So low in calories. So pleasing to the palate. Tempting Popcorn. I had two bags of it last night for a grand total of 60 calories. Its low in calories, its not high in sodium… BUT it absorbs water like nobody's business, so looking at the scale this AM I had the demotivational .2 pounds to deal with.


 

Experts would probably tell me that this is why you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday.

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.