Sunday, October 28, 2007

A good Weekend

I now feel better than I did a week ago. Last weekend I didn't exercise a bit and that held true for Monday and Tuesday as well. It was primarily a question of motivation and the result of being on the go so much that I was worn out. I successfully navigated a Saturday of College Football without over consuming. I ran a long run yesterday and then when I came home I cooked up a huge pot full of beef stew. Probably not the kind of beef stew that most people are familiar with…technically, I don't even know if it officially counts as "stew"… I start with stew beef from our local store, add two potatoes (large), 1 turnip, several carrots (sliced), Celery, Frozen peas, frozen corn, and spices. Then I take the pot and fill 1/3 with beef broth and 2/3 with Water, and let it cook all day long (5 hours or so)… very slowly, I don't boil it. Then I add some brown rice and some corn starch to thicken it up. So, all ingredients are good for me, and not fried. So I ate quite a bit of beef stew, but I feel good for it. I did have some drinks while watching football, but I kept it to Miller light and very watered down Vodka and club soda…really just a dash of vodka and mostly club soda… that way I could feel like I was partaking without really consuming a lot.

Today I got up early and went to the gym… I had an hour of strength training followed by an hour spinning class. The spinning instructor informed us that she would stay for 90 minutes, so I decided I would try to make the 90 minutes. But the class today was all about power/hills so my legs were pretty dead by about 75 minutes, so that's where I ended. Finally, I got on the treadmill for 10 minutes for a light run. I got home around 11:15, ate, took a shower and then promptly took an hour and 15 minute nap!! Very relaxing… wish I could do that every day! Maybe I should set up a nap area in my office…. Not quite enough room unfortunately.

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.