Saturday, October 27, 2007

Holy Meteor!

I had a great run today… it was a fantastic crisp fall day here in Seattle. It was sunny without a cloud in the sky. At this time of the year the sun doesn't rise quite as high in the sky as in the summer, so it felt like the sun was directly in my eyes as I headed South along Lake Washington. There were a lot of people out running and cycling, taking advantage of what is likely to be one of the last nice days of the year. I ended up running 8.3 miles, but really slowly so that I don't suffer too much tomorrow. I have a lifting appointment at 8am followed by Cycling at 9am, so this looks to be a great exercise weekend.

Yesterday I was heading back from the gym and driving south along Lake Washington when all of a sudden a HUGE meteor crossed the sky directly in front of me. It looked like a smaller piece had broken off as there were really two streaks. The funny thing is that I was listening to the radio, and at that time there was a commercial on about a show on Sunday on the History Channel about Nostradamus' final prophecies including the "end of days". Right when that commercial finished is when I saw the meteor and I immediately thought there was going to be an explosion because I was certain it was going to hit the earth… My heart was really pumping hard! Of course it burned up quickly and there was no explosion, but wow was I startled!!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Hi Michel! It is 1:30am on Saturday night, we just had our Halloween party (I'll send photos soon) and now after cleaning up, I'm still wired so I thought I'd check your blog. Crazy about the meteor! Have you heard anything about it since.. something on the news? Well, when I read what you've written, it really sounds as if you have been good.. no binges, just healthy food, a rib here, some eggs there.. and darn that waitress that served you non-decaf! ;) And the amount of exercise you are getting sounds phenomenal. Me, I'm just happy if I can get through a day without too many cookies! I will get back to my blog eventually, but it is kinda fun semi-blogging here in your comments. Perhaps I'll do ALL my blogging here! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful day.
Let's talk soon! love, Annette

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.