Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Recovering

Morning weight: 186 lbs

I am starting to feel a bit less sore today, especially as I walk around. However, after sitting around for an hour or so, the first few steps are definitely difficult, as is walking down steps! But it almost feels like I have a bit of "Runner's high" going on… I'm feeling very positive about my effort in the race and looking forward to the next one already. Definitely feels better than when I finished the Vancouver half in May… it took quite a few weeks for me to feel better. Its also funny to me that I dropped a full pound overnight… I drank a huge amount of water during the hours after the race on Sunday and I think that my body was going into preservation mode post-race and not releasing much of it. I wonder if that's normal? I'm going to do some research on that. I'm supposed to do some strength training at the gym today, but I think I'm going to pass on that and work on setting up a good training schedule for my next race instead. With my soreness, I'm not so sure that I'd get a great workout in today anyway, and I certainly would not be ready to do legs or even abs for that matter… actually that's one area that is the sorest on me right now… Anyway, this overall feeling is great right now, so I'm going to do my best to stay motivated.

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.