Thursday, October 11, 2007

Spinning

Morning Weight: 183.8 lbs Goal for 10/17: 182.8lbs Goal Attainment: 50% New goal for 10/17: 182.3.lbs

So I dropped another pound overnight. I don't think that's 100% real weight, but I will give myself some credit for being really good about my diet over the past four days, and there has to be some "real" weight loss component to it. So I'm going to revise my goal for the coming Wednesday to a half pound more. So instead of 182.8lbs, my goal will be 182.3lbs, that way I can still keep myself somewhat honest over the weekend. If I were to drop a pound over the next three days I would achieve my original goal and still have half a week left.

Yesterday I went to an hour long spinning class. My goal from the class was just to flush out my legs a little bit without overdoing it and getting them more sore than they already were. Well, the instructor of the class clearly had a week by week and even day by day plan, and this night was his tough hill climb night. That's one thing that I don't like about the Pro club… They have fantastic schedules for all sorts of fitness classes, but there's such variability in a class like spinning…they had three classes yesterday. It would be helpful if they list the type of class its going to be (hill vs strength vs endurance). In any case, I ignored the instructor at many times in order to keep my heart rate within the zone that I had set out for the ride and to keep my legs from getting sore. The result was great. I got a great workout but didn't overdo it, and my legs were actually less sore after the ride than before…I guess that's because I had them stretched out and used the muscles again. Today I will be going to the gym mid afternoon and walking briskly at 8%grade for 30 minutes followed by the stepmill for 30 minutes. I hate the stepmill, so this will take real motivation to complete!

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.