Monday, October 22, 2007

Photoshoots are dangerous!

I went to Portland this weekend to attend a photoshoot for an ad campaign I'm putting together. Saturday and Sunday on set with a number of really creative people. What I learned is that a photoshoot can be very dangerous for your diet if you are not careful. I started Saturday very well… I had a healthy breakfast of eggbeaters, fruit and multigrain toast. Though the stupid waitress gave me regular coffee instead of the decaf I had specifically ordered. Boy did I feel jumpy! I got to the shoot and very soon afterwards, they served lunch for the crew, which included ribs, rice, veggies and cheesecake. I restricted myself to one rib, some rice and veggies and no cake. So far so good. Then came dinner with the creative agency…. Sushi starters and then salmon and skirt steak. Yum…but the portion was on the high side.

Sunday I started again well with a Frittata with onion, potato, zucchini and tomato…. The potatoes were in some cases very undercooked, so I picked them out of it. Lunch on set was Pork BBQ and buttered corn with a wide selection of treats. I was quite hungry because my breakfast didn't turn out to be enough and so I overdid it on the pork. And I had desert, which I normally pass up, but it was a yummy lemon square. I had a decent dinner last night of sirloin steak (from Omaha steaks…yum) and green beans, but I think Lunch did some damage.

But back at home today and I'm doing well on my diet…hope this week turns out to be a good weight loss week…. I'll do some running to get some exercise in… I wasn't able to run over the weekend.

And the worst thing is that at work right now they are doing a giving campaign and today they have a HUGE spread of food for everyone at the end of my hall...they keep sending emails out to encourage people to show up and eat some food. I'm going to have to avoid that entire part of the building...my lunch salad isn't cutting it for me!

1 comment:

MB said...

hey - yours isn't much better :)

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.