Thursday, October 18, 2007

Progress is Progress

Morning weight: 183.2 lbs

I actually lost a little more than a half pound in the last week. Last Thursday I weighed in at 183.8lbs…I'm surprised because I had gone back up in weight as I lacked motivation over the past weekend, but it looks like I wasn't as bad as I had feared. I'll take the progress, but know that most weeks I will need to lose more than just a half pound. It would take me 40 weeks to get to my goal weight if I only lost half a pound a week, so I need to do better. I've been very good since Monday, tracking everything and hitting my calorie goals and exercising. I'm still feeling sore from my Tuesday weight training session, so it will be interesting to see how tonight's weight training goes.

I got into a good groove yesterday on the indoor cycle. I ended up doing 22 miles in an hour, at least that's what the cycle said I did. I was listening to some new music I had downloaded from the Zune service…for $15/month, I can download unlimited tunes onto my Zune, and the catalog is quite good (though not as good as iTunes, but it is cheaper!) One thing about it being cold, dark and rainy again in Seattle: the gym is incredibly crowded in the evening now. In fact, at 6:30 yesterday it took me 12 minutes just to get out of the garage and onto a city street. (Normal time is less than a minute)…it was so backed up. The gym needs to do a better job of directing traffic flow out of the garage…I was only on the first level below ground…maybe I'll look for a spot near the top tonight.

2 comments:

MB said...

in terms of donuts and diet coke, I think I could eat and drink you under the table :)

Good Job on the workouts!

Annette said...

Michel - you are doing a phenomenal job! I just read the last ten or so posts... I've been away from this for a while... and what impressed me most was how much exercise you've been doing. You say "lackluster" performance regarding exercise, yet you accomplished a half marathon and have been working out quite regularly.. I only wish I could be so lackluster! Keep up the great work.. you may not be losing the weight as quickly as you'd like... but over the long term, you are getting in shape. The proof of your blood pressure going down shows that what you've been doing has been positive for your overall health. Yay Michel!

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.