Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Goals

Morning weight: 184.8lbs Goal for October 17: 182.8lbs Goal Attainment: 0%

OK, so you can see with my new heading line that as of today I am beginning the weekly goals and charting daily my attainment of those goals. So Wednesday will naturally be 0% attainment because that's when the goal new goal begins. My goal is to lose two pounds per week from here on out until I hit my ultimate goal weight. I'm glad to see that I've lost a little bit more than two pounds over the last two days, clearly indicating that I was retaining fluid post race. So if I lose the weight evenly (which I likely won't) I can expect .28lbs/day to get to my 2lb goal. So tomorrow if I end up losing more than a half pound, I may reset my goal for the coming week, given that I may still be flushing out excess water.

I've been very good on the nutrition front for the past two days, and I'm tracking my meals in Calorie King again, which is naturally helping me to think about food choices during the day. It also helps to be completely in control of my diet because I'm not travelling. As for the recovery from the race, my legs are still sore, but way less so than they were on Monday. So tonight I will resume going to the gym…I'm going to take a spinning class… I haven't done that in several years, so I'm excited to do that again…I hope there is a good instructor with good music because I think this is going to be my Wednesday evening plan for at least the coming week as well…

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.