Sunday, November 4, 2007

Gainesville Homecoming

What a Homecoming weekend. Starting with Wednesday night in Orlando for a Halloween party dressed as Dog the Bounty Hunter (now considered a racist)…. That was so much fun though the wig was a bit hot. Then Thursday we stopped in Ocala to taste some cakes for the wedding, which was quite fun. Unfortunately, I was so dead tired, I couldn't even think about exercise. I did make up for it by running/walking 7 miles on Friday… two miles of it were in a race "The Gator Gallop", with the rest of the mileage getting to and from the race.

The game (Vanderbilt vs Florida) was a bitter disappointment…my Vandy team did not look like they showed up to play a game. This is the curse of a Vandy football fan… everytime we think we can have a winning record and do well for the season, we have a horrible game like the one this weekend. 49-22. Ugh. At least we had yummy Mr Han's Chinese food last night and I was relatively good… I avoided the greasy stuff and had steamed veggies and white rice. I did have some pepper steak and shrimp, but not an excessive amount.

Today I had an awesome run. I started out running with my future sister-in-law, who is training for a half marathon… we did the first 7.5 miles together, averaging 10mins/mile. Then I split off to do an extra 2 miles, but ended up running 12.44 miles total in 2 hours flat. I walked back to the house and all in all, I had covered 13 miles in 2 hours and 9 minutes…quite a good pace and I felt great for the whole run. It was a beautiful day- as I started the run it was in the low 50's with brilliantly sunny skies…by the time the run ended, it was around 65 degrees…perfect running weather. Now I'm really looking forward to my next half marathon… I should be in great shape.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Dog is not "considered" a racist, he IS a racist! I'm a bit shocked you'd dress like him, but I'm assuming you had the idea before the news came out...

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.