Thursday, November 15, 2007

Still Good

I've been very good this week in terms of eating and exercising. I was very good at my business dinner the other night and did not over-consume and passed on the wine, sticking with water. Yesterday I got in a good bike ride for 40 minutes and then did some strength training. Yesterday's strength training consisted of a lot of core and balance exercises. Its actually a lot of fun… at various times I was pushing flat weights or other heavy items across the floor in push-up position. That really stretches me out and I can feel my deep muscles straining. There was one balance exercise that was really difficult..imagine a piece of free standing equipment that is flat on one side and a half-sphere on the other side. The spherical side is facing the floor and I had to balance on the flat side while doing squats. The squats weren't that difficult once I got my balance, but getting my balance was very difficult. The problem is that the flat surface is rubberized and so my shoes would not slide very easy to the outer parts of the surface where they needed to be. In fact I got thrown off of it on my first try…nothing injured except my pride.

Going back to the gym tonight after work and running for an hour and doing some more strength training. Today will likely focus more on discrete muscle groups rather than the core, but you never know what Michael the trainer has in mind…(if you are reading this, be glad I didn't call you any names! J)

1 comment:

MB said...

YAY Michel!


They call them bosu balls at my gym - and they are super hard to balance on - I'm impressed. We used them quite a bit in the 'booty school' class and I kept falling :)

have a good workout tonight!

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.