Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Good Workouts

I tried to do a long run on Saturday this past week and after three miles I couldn't go further. The first two miles were largely downhill, though on a gentle slope, so I didn't really notice how tired I was until the third mile along the lake shore. By the time I realized that I was zapped of energy I was three miles away from home, so I walked back home, leading to a total of 6 miles, even if it was SLOOOOOOW. On Sunday I just didn't have the motivation to even try a long run or any exercise for that matter. I was content to park my butt on the couch watching football and movies.

So on Monday I decided that the weekend was a complete wash in terms of exercise so I got up early and went to the gym before work and cycled for an hour. It felt good to sweat out the toxins of the weekend. Although we had decided to go to the neighborhood pub with some friends to watch Monday night football last night, we decided on a change of plans to ensure that we ate healthy and had no drinks. I cooked up a delicious flank steak with stir fried Bok Choy ( a first time for me) and sliced small potatoes, and felt good about my healthy consumption for the evening. Watching Seattle thoroughly beat San Francisco was also fun!

I got up again early this morning and went to the gym where I did some light strength training and then ran for 45 minutes on the treadmill. Just to make that run interesting, I threw in 4 3 minute hill climbs into that run at the same pace I was running the flat portion. It was definitely hard, but I feel good for having done that. I have a business dinner tonight, but I'm feeling adequately motivated to keep my consumption healthy.

1 comment:

MB said...

good job on your workouts! I hope the business dinner was healthy!

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.