Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ah Paris

Weight: 184lbs

Well, we are back from Paris, and after a week of eating cheese and foie gras and other delicious French food, I'm glad to see that my weight only increased about a pound… I consider that a success. It probably had to do with all the walking we did in Paris. Since there was a transit strike, there really was not an occasion to take the subway or train anywhere. So we walked. To the Champs Elysees. To the Latin Quarter. To the Jardins Luxembourg. To the Marais.

Now that I'm back in town, I'm having a great exercise week…its really helping me with my jetlag (which is pretty much gone by now). On Monday I ran for 45 minutes and then cycled for 50 minutes. On Tuesday I ran for 20 minutes, cycled for 10 minutes and then did some strength training for 60 minutes. Wednesday I ran for 55 minutes and tonight I'm planning on cycling for at least 60 minutes, and hopefully if I'm up for it 90 minutes. It feels good to get right back into the routine, and the best thing is that my blood pressure is reacting favorably to the daily exercise.

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.