Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Oktoberfest?

Morning Weight: 184.4lbs

Yee ha! Weight is still heading in the right direction…it's nice to see what a little bit of discipline will do. Speaking of which, I just got out of an early morning meeting and it looks as though I will be heading back to the land of mushy peas and boiled burgers in a week and a half. That is not concerning, but then my colleagues suggested that we hold some meetings in Munich on the 25th and invite our customers to Oktoberfest. Yes Oktoberfest…home of the HUGE beers and temptation of delicious German food. Will I have the willpower to resist?

Looks like strength training is off for tonight, so I will do speed intervals in preparation for Victoria. Then maybe I'll head back to Best Buy to attempt to buy a TV again. Last night we spent about an hour there, picking out all our components, inquiring about installation. Then we inquired about their 3 year, no interest financing option that they had been advertising heavily. We were then sent to the customer service desk with a complete list of items we wanted to finance. The customer service rep did not look at the list and approved me for a standard amount. To which we complained that that would not cover the full list of items we wanted to purchase, and therefore amounted to false advertising on their part. After a long wait and a phone call things were cleared up. But when we went back to the TV area, the sales rep that was working with us was nowhere to be found. Another sales rep informed us that he had left for the evening and that after helping other customers he would be able to help us. Then he disappeared. All I can say is that I am not exactly a fan of Best Buy's in-store execution at this point. The sales rep should have been able to help us with the financing … the customer service rep had demonstrated absolutely no expertise in that area other than pushing a form into my face for me to fill out. The sales rep should have told us that by 8pm he would be gone…

We ended up leaving because by this point we were very hungry and it looked like there was one sales rep helping 3 or more customers ahead of us…not worth the wait. Please excuse my rant, Best Buy, I was only trying to purchase something from you and take advantage of the offer you advertised. I can always go to a competitor!

OK Rant over.

By the way, I am addicted to Placebos. I could quit at any time, but it wouldn't make any difference.

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.