Saturday, September 15, 2007

Football Saturday

I started out this morning thinking that I was going to go cycling with some folks...I was supposed to meet them partially into their ride at a location convenient to my house. Well some mixed signals occurred and so I did not meet up with them. So instead I thought I would go on a long run. Well I got a mile or so into the run and realized that my lack of good sleep last night was going to hinder a long run. So I ran 3.5 miles and called it a day. Hopefully I'll sleep well tonight and will be able to run 2 hrs tomorrow.

As it is autumn, we went to Sidelines to watch the Florida Gators football game today. They were playing arch-rival Tennessee in Florida, and the results were fantastic- 59-20! Then we came home expecting to see my alma mater Vanderbilt play Mississippi on my computer (streaming over the internet). Well it turns out that ESPN has some special deal with certain internet providers to stream this video, but not Comcast cable in Seattle. So I spent 20 minutes trying to get it to work, but it wouldn't. I had to appease myself by playing XBOX 360 football instead. In any case, Vanderbilt ended up winning the game 31-17! So that's two teams I care about winning today. Then I started looking at other scores and my undergrad school Lehigh beat Princeton today. Its nice to score the Trifecta! :)

The good news is that I didn't really over-consume today while watching all that great football. Tomorrow I am planning on making a Paella, but I will try my best to eat only a reasonable portion of it and save the rest for later in the week.

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.