Sunday, September 16, 2007

LSD and Kool Aid

I just did some great LSD. Now before you all start worrying that I am dropping acid or taking heroin, you should know that LSD in this case is the runner's acronym for Long Slow Distance.  I started from my house and went south into the Mount Baker neighborhood of Seattle. I hadn't ever run on some of these roads but it was really nice. The temperature was perfect for running- about 60 degrees. I wound my way down to the lake and found that this is a "Bicycle weekend" meaning that the street right by the lake was closed to vehicle traffic. Thus it was just some bikers and myself in the road. Very quiet for a change and no vehicle exhaust. 

By the time I turned around at Seward Park it started raining, but nothing too heavy. The only downside to the run is that since I live on a hill, I always have to climb back up a hill right at the end of a run to get back to my house. I walked that part, but I'm not going to feel bad about that because that was only the last .10 mile and I ran 11.2 Miles already today!

The run really felt good...I was nice and relaxed through the entire run...I got into a good pace and just went with it. I certainly wasn't breaking any records- my pace was around 10-10:30/mile. 

I just bought a huge container of Endurox R4 sports recovery drink, so I tried it out after my run. It is Fruit Punch flavored, but it tastes like a sweeter version of Kool-Aid. ( I can just imagine the Kool Aid guy from the commercials come crashing through the wall now saying "Oh Yeah") For those of you who do not know what I'm talking about, here's a link to the original commercial as well as a link to Dane Cook the very funny comedian talking about it. 
Anyway, I hope that this Endurox stuff helps me recover because I have a feeling my legs are going to be in pain! :)

Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBeUGqeYsQg
Dane Cook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP1USaPMXp

1 comment:

MB said...

I love this post! I've also really enjoyed the kool-aid memories! I used to have a sharkelberry fin t-shirt.

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.