Monday, April 14, 2008

Well Geez...why am I not losing?

Weight: 193lbs

Haven't written in a while, but that's mainly because there's no good news to report. But at least there's no bad news to report either! Today I went to the doctor and had my blood taken. The strange thing is that the nurse asked for "Ms Rau" at the door... I had checked in and I would have assumed that the receptionist who gave the nurse my chart would have noticed that I'm not female. So I joked with the nurse (actually I think she was a technician) that I did not want her to do anything like a pregnancy test on me! 

So we'll see what the results for the test are. As you all know I'm heavier really than I've ever been and I've been struggling to lose weight now for years. I'm hoping to qualify for the 20/20 program at my fitness club (proclub.com) but I also don't want to qualify. That would mean that I've really fallen off the deep end when it comes to working out and controlling my intake. 

I can't help but think that the lousy winter weather that continues here in Seattle into the second month of spring may have something to do with it..I did ride my bike outside this past weekend, but this coming weekend its supposed to snow again. Ugh...I'm completely sick of this weather. But I guess going to Austin next week will help with that...here's to hot humid sticky weather! 

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.