Friday, April 4, 2008

Ugh…Setback

Weight: 195.4lbs

So I had a great day yesterday through the morning and afternoon, and had a solid workout of interval running for 35 minutes followed by 60 minutes of strength training. That's the good news. The bad news is what happened once I got home. It's not really horrible news, but it was the kind of night I cannot afford to repeat often. We were waiting around for our neighbor to come home and make the venison sloppy joes she had promised (and we were looking forward to). I should have bought a snack leaving the Pro Club to curb my appetite…but then again, at that point I didn't know we were not eating at home. I had thoughts of just finishing the Quinoa Tabouleh I had made the previous night and possibly finding some meat to grill for a healthy conclusion to the day. Instead as I was waiting I grabbed the bag of kettle chips and downs about a serving full. (At least I didn't finish the whole bag!) Then when we made it over to the neighbor's house she had three different kinds of cheeses to nibble on. And nibble I did. Apart from that I had a good portion of venison sloppy joe mix (I didn't have it on a bun in a late attempt to control my calories) and some steamed asparagus along with some Merlot.

So I'm up in weight today. I know that a portion of it is due to water retention from having eaten foods higher in salt than I normally eat…Lunch may have also contributed to that with Pho soup… I'm sure there's quite a bit of sodium in the beef broth that is used as the foundation…though my blood pressure reading yesterday of 124/80 did not seem to indicate that I had taken in more sodium. Today I am back to plan with two hardboiled eggs, a slice of multigrain toast with peanut butter and an apple for breakfast. I will have a salad at lunch and I will go easy on the olive oil to curb my calories from fat since that is high from the peanut butter and eggs this AM. I don't know what I will do for dinner, but I'll have to think of a tasty low-cal option to cook.

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.