Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Meal Tracking

Morning weight: 194.4lbs

I'm down in weight from Monday's scare at 197lbs. I originally didn't post my weight on Monday, mostly because I am ashamed of it and was not ready to admit just how bad it got. But hey, if I cannot be honest here, then what's the point of this thing? So as usual, the first weigh in usually is after a period of bad eating and that leads to water retention, so its not really a true picture of where I am. I do think the 194 reading this morning is more accurate.

So I am now using training peaks.com to monitor not only my exercise, but also my nutrition. I just inputted my breakfast and lunch. I am amazed…I've eaten what I would consider two pretty healthy meals, but I can see that I am going to have to better balance fats, carbs and proteins. Right now I'm a bit heavy on the fats, and that's based on cottage cheese at breakfast, and the olive oil, tuna and sunflower seeds that I put on my lunchtime salad. So far today it looks like 42% of my calories have come from fat, where my target is really much closer to 30%. That being said, the fats that I have consumed have largely been good heart healthy fats. The training peaks tool is a bit tough to get started with for the nutrition tracking, but I think once I have identified the foods I normally consume as "Favorites" that will make the process easier.

Heading to the gym tonight to do at minimum 30 minutes on the bike…It's a really nice day outside but still a bit too chilly to consider cycling outside, but that should come in another few weeks.

No comments:

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.