Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Chugging along

I've been very good this week thus far so here's hoping that will continue. I've had salads for lunch the last two days, which have kept the calories down and yet they are very tasty. Yesterday I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the cycle, 30 minutes on the stepmill and then strength trained for 60 minutes. Let me tell you, the stepmill is about the most boring piece of cardio equipment you could ever hope to work out on. It took a lot of willpower to finish those 30 minutes…even with 4 minutes left in my 30 minute routine I was soooooo tempted just to jump off and call it a half hour…but I persisted. The good news is that on my schedule I only have to do the stepmill one time each week, so I think I will be able to manage it.

I'm getting a new attitude about working out and weight loss. I spend a LOT of money each month to get personal training sessions that are really excellent. However, in the past few years I have basically negated that by over-indulging on the weekends and when I travel. I need to view the personal training as an investment, for which I should expect a positive return. I haven't been viewing them that way, and reminding myself that they are an investment can hopefully help me out when I get a craving to eat or drink something I don't need. Yesterday in our coffee/kitchen area at work someone had left chocolate covered pretzels and someone else left three packages of Japanese rice crackers. I was very tempted, but then I remembered the Ellen Degeneres on TV saying "What….like you aren't going to be able to have this food whenever you want?" … So I left them alone.

1 comment:

Lane said...

Ellen inspired me, too! :)
Nice work on the stepmill - that thing is horrid.

Lucy in the Arboretum

Where I have lived, visited and want to go.